Are you ran out of ideas what to cook? Or just want to relax and order a food delivery? Here is a few gourmet ways to treat yourself when it’s rainy and gray outside. Good thing globalization, you don’t even need to leave your city 🙂
- American: wine and burger. The good thing, this dish lets you to make a casual wine choice. No strict rules, no extra sophisticated etiquette, this guy is here to help you just enjoy your meal. It goes well pretty much with everything, fish or veggie burgers are great with Pinot Grigio, meat – with Malbec, Syrah or Côtes du Rhôn.
- Chinese: wine and dim sum. Sufficiently delicate texture and lack of strong flavor accents (also soft stuffing etc.) implies a combination with a light wine. Champagne, dry Riesling or Sauvignon Blanc is an excellent choice.
- Russian: wine and borscht . This one is tricky. Traditional soup based on chicken broth and beets is cooked throughout all Eastern Europe. I couldn’t find somebody experienced, who have a solid thought how to pair this dish with wine. I would choose Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot either … Barbera? Considering chicken base and veggies. What would you choose?
- Italian : wine and pizza. There are thousands of suggestions on the Internet on pairing these guys. Margarita, Four Seasons, Pepperoni and pizza with pineapple turns out to be the most popular. Chardonnay, Chianti, Sangiovese or Nero D’avola would be the win-win choice for any company.
- Australian: wine and kangaroo meat. It tastes like venison or veal a little bit. I can’t remember seeing kangaroo meat somewhere in Europe or USA, although Wikipedia says that export is established in 55 countries. Shiraz, Zinfandel or Valpolicella is good for this meat.
With all these suggestions I came after talking to my friends and acquaintances. Do you prefer to be creative in pairing or prefer stick to professional’s advices? Cheers!